I've been taking Deposits for Smock Dress Orders now so I thought I would create a little guide as to why and also what this means for you, when you place an order.
Deposit Listings Open for 1 Week (for example 1st August - 8th August)
Dresses are made (for example 8th August - 5th September)
Final Payments (for example 1st September - 8th September)
Dresses are shipped (for example 8th September - 15 September)
I've found that deposits work better for a lot of reasons and here I'll list a few:
- Taking deposits means I am able to purchase the fabric without having to risk not getting an order. I used to buy fabric in bulk and often not sell of all the fabric, so this system helps avoid that.
- It also means you can split the cost, as I usually take deposits at the start of the month and then take the final payment at the start of the following month
- Being able to buy only the fabrics I need saves time, which I would otherwise be spent driving to get the fabric every time and order comes in
How do deposits work?
Deposits work just like any other order, as it is placed directly on the website. Deposits don't guarantee that the fabric will be avaiable, which means you will get a refund should the fabric be sold out etc. If the fabric is available, you are basically paying for your dress in 2 installments (Deposits + Final Payment + Shipping)
How do I place a deposit order?
- I will make an announcement on Instagram when the next round of deposits willl go live. At the moment they're once a month. This will usually be a week timeframe, in which you're able to place your deposits.
- You place your deposit via the website, by clicking on the deposit listing of each dress. Add as many as you like, and go to the checkout.
- IMPORTANT - If you need to customise your order, such as short sleeves, longer or shorter length etc. Please let me know before or after you have placed your deposit listing.
- Once you've placed your deposit and the orders close, I work on the dresses, which is why it's important to let me know about anything you want to change about your smock dress whilst you place your deposit
- Final Payments go live a few weeks later and you will receive an email letting you know.
- Once the final payments are paid the dresses will be shipped within a week or two (This will vary and the listing will clearly say the Dates for the Final Payment and when the dresses are shipped.)
Questions? Send me a message via the Contact Form or Instagram.